Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Weekly Cycle of My Broadcast Media Diet

Just because I'm curious, here's one weekly cycle of my Broadcast media diet, starting with Sunday evening.

General Daily Faire:

Radio:
  1. NPR: Morning Edition, All Things Considered
  2. NPR: Afternoon talk shows (sometimes)
News Online:
  1. Anchorage Daily News
  2. Washington Post
  3. New York Times
Blogs:
  1. Billmon
  2. Atrios
  3. Talking Points Memo
  4. Daily Kos
  5. Digby
  6. Laura Rozen
  7. Fire Dog Lake
Sunday:
  1. NPR: Weekend Edition; This American Life
  2. NPR: Prairie Home Companion (sometimes)
  3. ABC/CBS/FOX: NFL Football (depending on schedule)
  4. PBS: Mystery! (sometimes)
  5. ABC: Grey's Anatomy
Wednesday:
  1. ABC: Lost
Thursday:
  1. NBC: ER (sometimes)
Saturday:
  1. NPR: Weekend Edition; Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
  2. NPR: Prairie Home Companion (sometimes)
  3. Misc: Saturday night movie (sometimes)
  4. PBS: Mystery! (sometimes)

That's roughly all of it. Some of the radio listening depends on when I get up, when I go to sleep, and when I'm home (I don't listen at work/in the car/on headphones). The TV viewing likewise depends on when I'm home -- the only things I'l record are Grey's Anatomy and Lost (although this latter item is a special case, which I'll detail in another post).

If I had cable I'd watch the new Battlestar Galactica series. When it was on the air, I watched every episode of Firefly -- and recorded most of them, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home